When planning your breast augmentation, it is natural to look ahead to the surgery and the results itself, paying small regard to the preceding stages. Your consultation, however, is a vital part of your breast augmentation and will influence both your experience and your satisfaction with the end result. In giving your breast augmentation consultation some thought ahead of the time, you are more likely to get the most out of it – so here are five questions to ask your surgeon.
- What are your credentials? Trust is important in a happy cosmetic surgery experience. The breast augmentation consultation is your opportunity to meet your surgeon in person, to get a feel for their bedside manner and to ask about their experience and qualifications. Are they on the GMC’s Specialist Register of Plastic Surgeons and a member of a prestigious professional body such as BAAPS? How often do they perform breast augmentations and what are their preferred techniques?
- What are the potential risks? During your Cambridge breast augmentation consultation, Mr Tariq Ahmad will talk you through all risks and potential complications, detailing how these are managed.
- How do I know which are the right implants for me? Breast implants come in a variety of sizes, shapes and materials. Cambridge surgeon Mr Ahmad has many years’ experience of breast augmentations. After assessing your frame and listening to your objectives, he will guide you towards to the most appropriate implants, explaining their suitability for you.
- How long with the results last? Before embarking on any surgery, it is crucial that you understand the limitations and how the results may change over time.
- Is there anything I can do to prepare for my breast augmentation? By being in good physical and mental health, you are giving your body the best chance of a quick recovery.